By default; the SmartDeploy API Service will use port 8080. If you need to change this port to resolve a conflict, you can follow these steps.
- Open the Services.msc tool and stop the SmartDeploy API Service.
- Open Notepad as Administrator and open C:\Program Files\SmartDeploy\SmartDeploy\Resources\SDApiService.appsettings.json.
- Press Ctrl-F, search for HostUriPort. You will find a line that looks like this:
- Inside the quotation marks, change the port number (currently 8080) to the new port value that you wish to use.
- Save and close SDApiService.appsettings.json.
- Return to the Services.msc tool and start the SmartDeploy API Service.
- (Optional) Open your default browser and open https://localhost:####/health to test connectivity to the SmartDeploy API Service using the new port specified (in place of #### above).
- Open the SmartDeploy Console, and expand the Advanced options.
- Update the SmartDeploy Api Service URL with the new port.
- Enter your SmartDeploy credentials and click OK.
Note that you will need to recreate your SmartDeploy Client installer package so that it uses the updated URI with the new port. Additionally, note that any existing endpoints with the SmartDeploy Client installed will need to be updated, either by:
- Uninstalling the client and deleting the C:\Program Files\SmartDeploy folder and then reinstalling with the updated client installer package.
- Using a script to update the ClientConfig.json file with the new URI (Please contact SmartDeploy Support if you wish to use this option)